Sunday, March 8, 2009

MFT Idol Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone! Well today I've been working on the MFT Idol challenge. I created this cute little invite or card using the Cupcake Flopsey and It's a cupcake kind of day. I love these 2 sets and they go very well together. The card is 4.5 by 12 and scored for the lip (1/2 inch) and then again at 5 and 10/16. I then scalloped the edge using my SU scallop border punch. I took my scor-pal and created a diamond effect for the cover and then placed little tiny rhinestones on the diamonds so give it that glitzy look. I created flopsey and his sayings so that I could have them pop up when you open the card. This was quite the challenge since I had never created a card that had a pop-up image. I decided to use several of the sentiments around Flopsey. I paper pieced the cupcake and then added some yummy chocolate glitter on top of the cupcake. Flopsey himself was colored using my copics and blending of my greys. Now that he's in place, I started to work on the bottom part of the card/invite. I used Bo Bunny DP as the base and then stamped the cupcake on Neenah Classic Solar white. Paper pieced the cupcake and colored in the chocolate for the cake and then added liquid applique as the icing. Last I cut out the cherry added a pop dot and viola! YUMMY, huh??! I printed the Cupcake birthday on SU pink passion in chocolate and used dimensionals to give it some lift.

post signature


1 comment:

Joy said...

Debbie, this is adorable, I LOVE IT!